A small Hi from Sweden

Swedish fiddler

Premium Member
Climate
Cold, Cool, Mountains, or Artic
Hi there from 2 guys in Sweden.
We are both of us born and raised with home grown vegetables.
A while ago me and my buddy lost our jobs and started to think about being self-sufficient in vegetables.
We are about the same age and we are going to share this account.
My friend is a former army vet and got amongst other things PTSD and wants to be a bit anonymous for now.
/Fredrik And Army dude.

Wedgetail

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hi Fredrik and Army dude welcome to the forum lots of interesting threads to search through on here hope you enjoy. Dave

ClissAT

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hi guys! Welcome.:twothumbsup:
After being raised with fresh vegetables, it would be hard to go without.
So I applaud your combined efforts to attempt to get a garden up and running.
Do you have access to a place to do your gardening?
What method are you thinking of? Containers, community garden plot, hydroponics, etc?

Swedish fiddler

Premium Member
Climate
Cold, Cool, Mountains, or Artic
Well... We got -1.8c and 1 inch of Snow outside right now and it's going to get colder. We have only about 6 to 8 ohurs of light a day (at the moment. It will get darker) so we are growing indoors in pots at the moment. We do balcony-gardening when the summer is on. But now when we are expecting up to 2meters of snow and -30.c so we are staying indoors.

Last edited:

ClissAT

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hi again Fredrick, I really wanted to reply to your kale thread but your photo is too big. Could you edit that post and remove the big photo at the bottom please?
I think the one at the top is a thumbnail which is good. But in full size its way too big for the post environment.
For photos for this forum its best to set your phone or other device at small to medium image size up to 6mb and maybe a maximum of 1500px wide. :twothumbsup::pic:

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
G'day Guys and thank you for joining us!

Yes, the challenge for you is to grow as much as possible when you can and then preserve like crazy in time for winter. Of course, this is nothing new to humans but still a fascinating challenge to have and rewarding when it comes off.

About PTSD. I have a fair bit of experience with it myself and I know of many who also tackle PTSD at varying levels. I think it's healthy to talk about this issue and at the same time, it's important not to dwell on it to a point where it consumes every conversation and thought. Everyone's different but I can generalise and say I do believe that self-sufficiency and gardening do definitely help a person better cope with this disorder.

Great to see you both here! :)

Top Bottom