Wood vinegar a farmers friend in Asia.

Lee-Mika

Premium Member
Wood vinegar the has some many uses, and you even get bio-char or charcoal from the process..

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
The Charcoal even burns clean after the process.
That's pretty amazing! Who would even think of creating such a process to make vinegar and charcoal. I wonder if the ratio of 1 litre wood vinegar to 20 litres water as a pesticide would work with standard vinegar? I guess it should hey?

Good video find Mika! :twothumbsup:

Lee-Mika

Premium Member
I know vinegar is used as a weed killer. I think that wood vinegar is a vinegar in name only.. As there is no fermentation involved.

Tim C

Two heads are better than one
Premium Member
GOLD
A very interesting and informative video. Down here in the Mallee, charcoal is still made today, but the distillation process is not incorporated. This is an invaluable and all-encompassing product, the likes of which capitalism no doubt detests. The big-wigs at Monsanto will be horrified.:confused: "First World" governments world-wide will no doubt be trying to limit this information. God-forbid should this process be utilised by the common man !! Pesticide, herbicide and fertiliser manufacturers would be bankrupt.:quiver: The government coffers severely effected- less funds for the bloated,feral, fat-cats !!!!:yahoo: I mean, no-one is starving in THEIR back yard, so what's the point? We might have to make THAT illegal too!!!, the moonshine act, or something....??:censored: Or we'll get a few "guvment experts" to attest to its' cancer-causing despicable-ness.:crazy:
On a similar line-have you heard of woodgas? It was used to run petrol engines during the depression. I have made 2 woodgas producers. The first was a modified Weber BBQ kettle, and ran a 4 stroke lawnmower engine. The second a "downdraft stratified gasifier", which ran an old Falcon Ute. Made from a 200l drum with a 60l drum inside, sitting/welded onto a car rim. Basically a top-fed fire under vacuum. Then filtered through 2 wet-style filters, made out of a 10l&4l paint tin. The feed-stock can be wood/charcoal or coal.
I have extensively researched catalysis- the production of liquid fuel from said woodgas. This process was used by the Germans during WW2 to manufacture liquid fuel from brown coal, and actually works better with wood. An output/input in BTUs(British Thermal Units) is about 3/5. The advantage being a storeable condensed liquid, over a bloody big wood pile. If the heat generated in the process is utilised the efficiency is further increased. In laymans terms, the gas is distilled into a liquid after being forced at pressure through oil (oil is oil-mineral or vegetable) and iron filings.(Slurry-bubble column reactor, with a self-replacing catalyst). Carbon attatches to the iron filings, then the resultant bubbles are hydrocarbons. More technical methods and expensive metals are used in large-scale, highly technical assemblies. But the overall efficiency advantage is only marginal. Woodgas running an engine must be filtered of particulates, but catalysis utilises them in the reaction.
You can shred up your garbage, plastics included, extrude it into logs and catalyse it.

Also charcoal is just wood with some of its energy sapped, making it easier to ignite.

Ignorance and complacency are the Devils/guvments instruments. ( I'm not religious- I IZ God. ):situps: Apparently He made us all in His own image. It's a pity he didn't give all of us a conscience though. Over-educated idiots devolve into POLITICIANS. Conniving scabs into capitalists.
If neccesity is the mother of invention, then dissent is its father.

Last edited:
Top Bottom