Water kefir, Milk kefir - natural fizzy drinks & Labneh

Jenni

Premium Member
Thanks @Justin Dallas .. I will try it on the quail. So do you just put the kefir milk in a dish pop it in with them and away they go? Do you have to make a mild version or don't they care about the bitterness?

Jenni

Premium Member
Hi @Tim C I tried your sour dough loaf idea.. I purchased a standard white bread mix and replaced the water with kefir whey. I don't have a French bread setting on my machine...(it's very old). I am not sure if it was my setting but bread has come out very rubbery. Nice toasted though. Your French bread setting is it a really quick bake setting? My mix was very Thick and sticky during kneading so thinking I may have needed more water?

I will make a few changes on the next batch n see if I can get right..

Tim C

Two heads are better than one
Premium Member
GOLD
Hi Jenni. The french setting on my Remington is a longer than standard with 2 knock-downs. I made another loaf last night with Plain flour(500g), 400ml whey, 4lge tspn milk powder, 3lge tspn sugar, 2 tblspns oil, 1 tspn salt and 2 sachets of yeast. On dough setting, then made it into 2 garlic bread loaves and a pizza base. I would have thought cooked too long and too low heat would make it rubbery, but maybe it was because of not enough moisture??:dunno:

Jenni

Premium Member
I don't think I have ever really made successful bread out of this machine. That's why it was hidden in the back of the cupboard. I think in the past they all came out as bricks and even the dog wouldn't eat it... So have had way more success with this loaf.

I would have thought cooked too long and too low heat would make it rubbery
Machine has a quick 2 knockdown setting so I will try that next time thanks...

Tim C

Two heads are better than one
Premium Member
GOLD
I'm not happy with mine either-it's an upright loaf. I'm sure a long loaf Breville or similar would make a better shaped loaf for sandwiches etc...

Top Bottom