Spare room to microgreens business!

AndrewB

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
So, now that my backyard is almost full, my overactive brain has pushed me to start another project.

I was planning to sprout seeds for my chickens initially, but then figured, why not upscale it a bit & sell to others as well.

I'm setting up the first rack now as a trial, but managed to score some LED panels for half price which fit that racks perfectly, so will be able to expand it pretty quickly if it looks successful. My solar system has plenty of spare power left after exporting as much as i'm allowed to the grid, so this will be a good use for it.

I have sunflower & radish seeds to start with & wheatgrass is on order.

IMG_0175.JPG

Vicky

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Good idea Andrew, what market are you thinking of selling to? My mind starts to get bogged down with all sorts of restrictions and 'requirements' from all kinds of Governing agencies!

AndrewB

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Oh yes, so many rules... If you sell them as a living plant, like a nursery, things are much simpler. As soon as you cut & put it in a bag or container it becomes a huge headache. It varies state to state though.

Just in the experimentation stage at the moment, which my chickens will appreciate. I know a few local restaurant folks & people already processing food, so may see about teaming up.

Top Bottom