Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I thought I'd start this thread on shed shelving since I finally got around to buying some excellent powder coated shelving for my own backyard shed and spent several hours today putting it together.

I got 4 x shelving units all up the images so far are of just the first one...

Romak shelving 5 Tier heavy duty Bunnings.jpg

The brand is Romak and I got them from Bunnings for $249 per unit, which made my purchase just under 1k :facepalm:but the shelving is excellent quality - it's something I really needed to get years ago.

I found them pretty easy to put together - actually, it was the easiest shelving I've ever put together. The hardest part was getting the base together and balancing the uprights to get the cross beams on but once that was done it fitted together nicely. I never came across any faults in the 4 units or no pieces that "just wouldn't fit like it should" and I can feel the build quality so it should last for many years.

Romak shelving 5 Tier heavy duty Bunnings 625kg per shelf.jpg

Romak shelving 5 Tier heavy duty Bunnings dimentions size width.jpg

The 4 units are going across my back wall. I took this image after the first one was assembled then forget to take any other pics so I might take a shot of all 4 units tomorrow and post it here.
Romak shelving 5 Tier heavy duty Bunnings in my shed.jpg

Ash

Valued Member
Premium Member
Website
asmedical.webege.com
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Yeah, those things aren't cheap, but the cheaper ones are definitely only able to manage the lighest of things, so it's worth the investment.

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
You've got some space in that shed!
It only looks spacious because I've squashed all my stuff to one side and pulled the rest out onto the lawn :p

I'm still stacking the new shelving and cleaning out all my redundant junk - it's hard to let go of some stuff...

stevo

nativebeehives.com
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
nativebeehives.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
hah ok, gees I was thinking you could make a whole woodwork shop in there.

yer I've been on a clean out for the last couple of years, trying to simplify my life, getting rid of "all the good things that you might use one day".

But of course I collect other new things along the way.

Ken W.

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I've been on the long path of down-sizing the collection of "useful stuff" for a couple of years also. This is the longest time we've stayed in one place (almost 12 years) and have never accumulated so much with the help of 4 teenage sons who have now left home. Each move previously has been a clean-out time. Recently, it's been going through my mind to just get rid of everything - of questionable value - and start over.

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I threw out about 2 trailer loads of stuff and actually only finally finished refitting my whole shed today. It took me much longer than I thought to sort through my junk!

The tip guys were over me like vultures when I was emptying out my trailer at the dump - what's that saying about junk and treasure... :)

I'm glad I did the job though and also forked out the money for quality shelving because I've never seen my shed so organised! Hope I can keep it that way...

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Yeah the shelving worked a treat and freed up a ton of working space in the shed by getting most things up off the floor.

I'll post a pic tonight if I remember!

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I finally remembered @stevo

The shed is a bit of a mess ATM - doing a bit of work around the house but you get the idea...

You can see the 4 shelves units and everything on them used to be stacked against the back wall or just positioned on the shed floor somewhere. Now everything has its own spot and it's so much easier to find or get stuff plus tidier!

On the far right above my bench I have wall mounted boxes/containers for screws and bolts etc - they weren't cheap either but each has a little swinging pull down door and are see through... much better than my old glass jars lined up on the bench lol.

On the left, I have made a frame where I can stack things like spare wood off-cuts, wire, and stuff.
shed shelving.jpg

This image below is to the left of the image above.
Before I got my shelving I did have (and used) these old kitchen cupboards and bench I recycled to hold some gear. I'm now using it primarily for my garden stuff like: fertilisers, sprayers, seeds, etc. I joined two bottom draws together and fixed them onto an old go cart so I can roll it in and out from under the bench - pretty cool hey? :)
shed shelving recycled kitchen cupboards.jpg

Top Bottom