Photo of the month thread

ClissAT

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
How is the monthly Photo of the Month created?
Do we create it ourselves in the Photography section or is it created by Mark?
I wanted to post a photo but there is no album or thread for June.
I can put it in for July but need to know where I have to create it or Mark/admin does it.

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
How is the monthly Photo of the Month created?
I have automated the process so it creates the comp each month.

I'll have to have a look and see why it has stopped - I didn't realise it had... I upgraded the forum software and several of the addons needed to be rolled back due to compatibility issues.

I'm strapped for time ATM (have been for the last few months) hence why I haven't been spending as much time here as I would like. After the 19th July, I should be back to normal and able to work more on the forum etc...

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I hope to have found the issue with why the POTM wasn't working but we'll have to wait until the 2nd of next month to see if it starts automatically. Fingers crossed...

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I'm still unable to find a solution to this issue... I know it has been a long time broken but there's not much support available to get this issue fixed and there are no off-the-shelf addons that are suitable to replace this one.

I'm considering hiring a developer to either fix this or create a custom photo competition plugin for our forum.

If people are still keen for this please let me know :)

ClissAT

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Do we really need all the bells and whistles?
Is it possible to just open a folder that would have community access and put our photos on there each month?
Or another method more cumbersome and old fashioned might be just like when someone starts a thread.
So for example I start a thread called 'August Photo Competition'.
People just reply to the thread posting their photos.
Everyone then comments just like in a normal thread and leaves a thumbs up.
The number of likes a photo gets determines the winner.

I know there must be a lot more to the original plugin but this could be an interim work around if people are keen enough to submit photos.

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
We might have had a breakthrough and fixed our photo comp... :shock:

I've set the comp to open tomorrow about 10ish so we'll see if it actually works as programmed - fingers crossed :quiver:

The photo comp thread should be created in the Photography & Technology section.

ClissAT

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Woo hoo! Fantastic Mark :twothumbsup::pic::pic::pic: .If only I had a PC to process my photos properly!!

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I know this is an ongoing saga and I've made promises before but I think we might finally have a photo competition back running soon.

Over the past few months (actually years) I have been working behind the scenes to find a solution and there hasn't been one but with a new forum upgrade (which will be happening soon) it looks like I've had some luck in finding a software developer who has recently created a photo addon that should slot into our forum nicely and be completely compatible plus easy to use.

Fingers crossed I can deliver this time... :)

I hope to have this done by the end of the month.

Top Bottom