Hi. New to gardening

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Lego, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Lego

Lego Member

Hi. I am almost a complete noob to gardening and to vegies. I have tried raised bed veg gardens twice not much success and regretfully killed a lemon and orange tree in the past. Hoping to be more committed this time, and prepare garden better for a veggie patch.

2. allen c

allen c Member Premium Member

Climate:
    Arid, Desert, or Dry
    Try growing some peppers or cucumbers! I've found that pepper plants are pretty forgiving. Good luck! Keep us posted

• Like Like x 1
  3. Raymondo

Raymondo Active Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Hi Lego , for a real quick return try bok Choy , super quick and responsive , it encourages enthusiasm. Your quick growing veggies will inspire you to delve in deeper , radishes , cucumbers also quick returns , perennial veggies and cut and come again greens will keep the produce flowing , good luck it can be addictive cheers Raymondo

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lego

Lego Member

Thanks. I can't yet plant anything as have to organise garden beds. Currently grass so will be a work in progress. Due to a big digging dog is going to mean extra planning to keep her out of the veg area ie fencing. No a raised bed won't work unless it's so tall i use a ladder to work in it . So at research stage now