Hi from sunny Cali

charina

Premium Member
GOLD
Hi to all. My name is Charina. Our sunny California is drought ridden so its getting harder to maintain a garden in such conditions. Trying my best.
My back yard is my office (i work from home) my sanctuary and my hobby. I also like to hike, bike and collect shells on the beach.

Ash

Valued Member
Premium Member
Website
asmedical.webege.com
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Welcome for the forum Charina. The seasons will change and the water to grow your backyard plants will be available to you in good time. In the meantime, keep your seeds ready for the next session.

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Our sunny California is drought ridden so its getting harder to maintain a garden in such conditions. Trying my best.
Welcome Charina! Yes drought can be a miserable time but as Ash said keep going and the rains will come!

My back yard is my office (i work from home) my sanctuary and my hobby.
So is mine :twothumbsup:

I hope you enjoy being part of the SSC online community!

charina

Premium Member
GOLD
It's fun to be a part of community where people are simply sharing and having fun with it.

Ken W.

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Hi Charina. Welcome to the group. I know your frustration with drought all too well. We've been here for just over 11 years and during that time have been officially drought declared for 8yrs 11months. To make matters worse when there have been good rains around we seem to be missing out on them also. At one stage we were isolated because all roads were cut by flood waters and we'd only had miserly showers. Glad to say though that the past couple of months have been the best we've had and the garden and paddocks are looking good heading into winter. I hope you get a break in the weather soon too but until then all I can suggest is be patient and mulch with what you can to conserve that precious moisture.

Director

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
G'day Charina. :)

It always rains...eventually. Back in December we were carting in food for the cows and poor buggers were still skinny as, not much rain for months and we have 40 acres. Started raining late December and now they look great. Do you have rainwater tanks at your house? We have one that we use for watering plants and drinking (after filtering) and it's a lifesaver.

You must have 'some' water over there...for now?

http://www.mintpressnews.com/nestle-continues-stealing-worlds-water-during-drought/203544/

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-that-expired-over-25-years-ago-10176785.html

Top Bottom