Hi from Brisbane

Mudmaker

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hi,

My name is Jacqui and I live in Brisbane. I am new to gardening having just started up my small patch about 12 months ago so everything is a learning experience for me. I love the site, already I have learnt so much just cruising around and when you’re a beginner it’s great to know that every garden has it’s up’s and downs, some things that grow better than others, as you tend to feel that every failure is just your lack of experience, and sometimes it is but sometimes mother nature has her own ideas. I hope to be able to contribute in the future as my knowledge and experience grows. :wave:

Mudmaker

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Thanks for the welcome Kasalia. I have been going through the posts and there is just so much information, it’s great, but I’m sure I’ll have loads of questions in the future.

Lol, Cheers Stevo, It’s nice to know I’m in good company.

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
it’s great to know that every garden has it’s up’s and downs, some things that grow better than others, as you tend to feel that every failure is just your lack of experience, and sometimes it is but sometimes mother nature has her own ideas.
Spot on! Sometimes you can do everything right with the best preparation etc to give your plant the best chance at success only to fail but as we say, "that's gardening" :)

On the flip side, sometimes you can do very little and a plant pops up in the right spot (self-seeds) grows like a champ and us gardeners will take the credit from that also lol...

There's so many benefits to getting the gardening bug Jacqui and whenever I hear about someone starting gardening for the first time I feel so excited for them because I know once they get into it they'll be hooked on a fun, healthy, rewarding hobby for life.

Welcome to SSC - thanks for joining - and please ask questions because that's what this online community is about :twothumbsup:

Ash

Valued Member
Premium Member
Website
asmedical.webege.com
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
+1 on learning constantly. There is both an art and a science to it, just like most vocations, plus there's unpredictable weather to contend with so it doesn't always work out according to our plans. Look forward to seeing more of you on the forum!

Mudmaker

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Thanks for the welcome Mark. I do find gardening exciting and in fact I have to restrain myself otherwise I would plant everything that sounds nice, regardless of whether the family likes it or not. :rolleyes:
As they say gardening is a journey and I am just starting so it’s great to know there are others who share my passion.

Mudmaker

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
+1 on learning constantly. There is both an art and a science to it, just like most vocations, plus there's unpredictable weather to contend with so it doesn't always work out according to our plans. Look forward to seeing more of you on the forum!

Ash you are so right, there is so much to learn that I think it will take me a life time, but I am definitely looking forward to the journey.:D

Mudmaker

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hi from me to Mudmaker, there are lots of new gardeners on here so you are not alone. This is a great place to gather wonderful information from the likes of Mark and others.

Thanks for the welcome Letsgo. It’s a great forum for new gardeners, so much knowledge floating around, I have learnt heaps in the short time I have been here.

Top Bottom