Hello from Rotorua

TinaBen

Premium Member
GOLD
May 31, 2019
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Hello from Rotorua NZ! We are a couple with interest in all things self sufficient/ sustainable and eco frindly, generating much of our own energy with solar and growing food on our no dig 1/4 acre plot and poly tunnel for ourselves and community donations.

Reactions: Mark

Raymondo

Premium Member
Apr 22, 2019
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Welcome Tina and Ben , a part of the world I have yet to experience , it's on the bucket list , good luck with your venture and happy gardening cheers Raymondo

TinaBen

Premium Member
GOLD
May 31, 2019
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Welcome Tina and Ben , a part of the world I have yet to experience , it's on the bucket list , good luck with your venture and happy gardening cheers Raymondo
Thanks Raymondo! Yes its beautiful and a good climate for growing . Where are you?

TinaBen

Premium Member
GOLD
May 31, 2019
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Thanks Raymondo! Yes its beautiful and a good climatefor growing . Where areyou

Raymondo

Premium Member
Apr 22, 2019
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hi guys , we are just outside Noosa in Queensland , great for growing all year round , always interested in anything alternative , energy , food , medicine , this planet is an amazing place we need to care for it more , cheers for now Raymondo

TinaBen

Premium Member
GOLD
May 31, 2019
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Thank you! I try my best - still lots of room to improve :)
You have your own style mate . Alot to learn making them eh? We do a fair amount for work , the drone a handy piece of kit though !!

Mark

Founder
Staff member
May 27, 2012
Bellmere, QLD
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Yeah, I could do with a drone... I had some film students take footage with a drone at our place last year and that is handy but I would like to get more current video.

TinaBen

Premium Member
GOLD
May 31, 2019
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Yeah, I could do with a drone... I had some film students take footage with a drone at our place last year and that is handy but I would like to get more current video.
We got the dji mavic air, highly recommended. Amazing features and so easy to use. On an unrelated topic I see from your videos you have solar, what system is it?

Mark

Founder
Staff member
May 27, 2012
Bellmere, QLD
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
We got the dji mavic air, highly recommended. Amazing features and so easy to use. On an unrelated topic I see from your videos you have solar, what system is it?
I have read the air is a very good drone yes - I nearly got one myself.

Our solar system is 5kw - German panels with a Chinese inverter. We had it installed several years ago now (2012) and it's still going well. No way does it fully power our home and we don't have a battery either but the savings are noticeable.

TinaBen

Premium Member
GOLD
May 31, 2019
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I have read the air is a very good drone yes - I nearly got one myself.

Our solar system is 5kw - German panels with a Chinese inverter. We had it installed several years ago now (2012) and it's still going well. No way does it fully power our home and we don't have a battery either but the savings are noticeable.
Yes I bet, we have a redback, from Brisbane I believe, only 4kw but luckily they threw in a battery for us 9kwh which makes a huge difference, great for charging the ev's esp in summer . Do you have an episode on the solar on your channel?

Mark

Founder
Staff member
May 27, 2012
Bellmere, QLD
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical