Gentlemen, behold..

bizhat

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
- the wonderful Me!
:D

Am from the temperate climate zone of/in BW, Germany and very excited to have joined this forum!
I've already found many bits and pieces of information that can prove helpful in my endeavors, and vice versa, I hope I can share my knowledge.

My (rather my Ma's - cause I'm a relatively energy-saving individual) garden is mostly composed of berries (red- /black currents, bilberries, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, gooseberries) and some pretty darn old fruit trees (40+ years) that I'm patching together to have them last (cherry, mirabel, plum, apple, walnut) - with some vegs strewn in between, but not really flourishing as well as they could be (garlic, onions, potatoes, tomatoes, and the occasional other-salad-food).

Here, a pic from April:
IMG_20200318_171657.jpg

After having come across Mark's youtube channel, I have been all the more pumped to boost the possibilities in and around the garden.
Yep, that pretty much sums it up.

I'll be in your care ^_^

GKW

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I like !

G'Day and welcome mate.

bizhat

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I guess you only want the Gents to behold, what about us LADIES ????? lol
hahaa, touché!
that's what I'm here for, to change my antiquated ways :D
> the Ladies are a natural ofc!!

ps: for those who heard it but cant place the title intro - it's the intro by Dr. Weird from ATHF (US-American adult cartoon series) ;)

Great introduction bizhat. I am looking forward to the transformation - what a great starting point! Enjoy!
I've started alright!
here's a more recent pic of the whole garden:
26.06.20.jpg

I made my first 'kind-of' high-bed at the back of the garden between the border fence and a wooden fence I salvaged from some person's 'garbage' - pics - it looks really nice, but didnt quite work out as the earth is cold af and all I planted therein died (perhaps also due to the copious amounts of tree resin that falls from the spruces above.. there're various possibilities for the failure, I knew it was 50/50, maybe I'll just plant robust Mediterranean herbs there).

IMG_20200518_201949.jpg IMG_20200520_153842.jpg IMG_20200520_163007.jpg IMG_20200520_165107.jpg IMG_20200520_174041.jpg IMG_20200520_180323.jpg (+ a foot of fresh compost)

I planted some beans in our normal patch, only 4 plants actually made it, but 2 were killed either by birds, rodents or that blasted neighbours' cat that manures our garden frequently. So, partially in effect, I build another high bed (over 2 close lying tree stumps, left in the picture) and planted more beans, cucumbers, pumpkins and onions (nb: when preparing onions in the kitchen, if u cut the root part off and plant that -> more onions!, quicker growth than from scratch). That bed is thriving, I am really astounded by the good growth. I only have to figure out how to place the beans once the start growing taller.. maybe just hammer some long poles into the bed and hope nothing breaks.

Aaaand, then I sieved and split our compost the way that Mark had portrayed in some video - in sections - that is so smart xD it hadnt occured to me b4 :D
+ flattened all the waste garden rubbish (the not-so good-stuff) with excess lawn grass in lasagna -fashion (I think that's the common term for mixing different stuff together so it rots faster)
compost.jpg

**ah, almost forgot; cherries! :cheer:
cherries.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DTK

DTK

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Keep at it; don't accept defeat. When I was a young fry working in my former trade, a friend told me his motto "never let an inanimate object beat you". So I have adopted that mantra in life ... especially in the garden Good luck mate!!!

Top Bottom