G'day

Steve

Valued Member
Premium Member
G'day All,

Yeah I've been stalking this site for a little while and love reading Marks latest stories.
I live in Brisbane Australia in a unit so I have very little space to grow much other than a few potted herbs and the like. My latest editions are a lemon tree and lime tree in large pots so I'm hoping they will bless me one day with slices of citrus for a cold Corona Beer or two.
My dream one day is to buy a house with a decent amount of land and grow as much as I can. I love the idea of quail although the wife will need to maintain a good distance so she doesn't start giving them names :clip:.

Looking forward to reading more interesting ideas and stories on here and building my knowledge base for my own bit of dirt one day.

Cheers,
Steve

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Totally welcome here Steve! Living in a unit or smallish block really is challenging for growing stuff but that's what also makes it very interesting... See, when you get your potted lemon and limes growing well and producing (and you will) there's nothing more satisfying then plucking one off, cutting the freshest lime ever and whacking it in the top if a beer. Even more amazing when you say, I live in a unit and I grow my own fruit trees!

By the time you reach your goal of a larger property, you'll already know plenty about what you want to grow and do etc. It's great to have you here. :cheers:

Steve

Valued Member
Premium Member
Stevo, we have a small courtyard that's west facing. High fences and a two story building makes it a challenge to get the sun to where i want it and for long enough.
I bought the citris trees earlier this year and both have started to grow nicely. The lemon has definately taken off quicker than the lime but that's ok as I dont mind either in a beer. Cant wait to see some fruit on them thats when I will get the most satisfaction.

Steve

Valued Member
Premium Member
G'day Stevo.

Going ok thanks for asking.
The citrus are doing well with a decent amount of fruit considering how young they are.
My ginger is looking really good now and if it turns out alright I will double the crop for next season.
I have some leeks ready to be potted out so hoping they take off.
I also have some snow peas that I will plant once I get back from a weeks holiday (off to Fiji next week!!) Perhaps a few pics when get back??
So that's about it mate on the garden front.
Made a few beef jerky and dehyd fruit batches with great results.
I'm settling into a new job which keeps me away from the computer unfortunately but I'm trying to make an effort to keep up with the SSC goings on.
Cheers mate.

David Trees

Premium Member
G'day Steve and Stevo... We used to live in Brisbane. We lived on 12 acres in Greenbank. I know it's Logan City Shire technically but close enough for me.

Our first son was born there too. Though my wife wanted to have him at Beaudesert Hospital. Which did.

Hope it's all going well for you both.

Cheers

Top Bottom