G'day from Bundaberg

Keiran Roles

Premium Member
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hey guys, so, my name is Keiran iam 32 and I'm from South East Queensland specifically Bundaberg... I've managed to buy myself two small garden beds And my older brother made me 2 raised wooden garden beds out of scrap wood. I enjoy growing my spring onions. Strawberries lettuce tomatoes I've got a pot for my blueberries Not sure what I'm going this year. Still a bit hot. And wet for my liking Here are some photos from last year...

....i started growing my own because of my nana ..it was her hobby and so when she passed i took it up aswell.. watching SelfSufficentMe inspired me to beter my self and the family (i suffer depression anx/ASD /PTSD )... I have improved my life just by growing some what i call natures lollies.. and also feel connected to my nan (who was a wonderful person like most in her generation)

Now.. Im amateur for sure. tip tricks welcome but please be mindful of my conditions ..iam here to learn not be told iam an idiot :)
also please excuse my English skill ...iam bad at that :p

Attachments

• 20190618_142547.jpg
    20190618_142547.jpg
    494.1 KB · Views: 281
  • bed2.jpg
    bed2.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 307
  • download.png
    download.png
    439.8 KB · Views: 307
  • 20190818_165726.jpg
    20190818_165726.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 325
  • 20190818_165211_001.jpg
    20190818_165211_001.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 273
Reactions: GKW

Nate Spud

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Looks great! What did you use for mulch in your raised beds? I am trying to get ideas for mine.

Keiran Roles

Premium Member
Climate
Sub-Tropical
just simple sugar cain mulch it seams to work quite well.. i am using cheap bunnings soil mix with added compost scraps also ..zippay is my friend

GKW

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
G'Day and welcome.

Love the use of the old clothes horse for a tomato trellis. Great idea, going to steal that concept for my patch.

Nate Spud

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Hmm.. I think I might be able to grow sugar cane here. It's not common though.

We do have a stand of bamboo in the back yard and I am coming up with new ways to use it in the garden. I wonder if bamboo can be shredded for mulch.

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
G'day Keiran and thanks for joining SSC we have a lot of people becoming members of our forum at the moment so please forgive the time delay in promoting you to Premium but I have to do this manually in order to keep spam under control. Remember to interact via posting or creating threads to get and retain your Gold status and this enables other privileges such as the ability to enter competitions. I hope to interact more myself with you and others in the future. Cheers :)

Top Bottom