Fresh Farm killed Piggy

Ray Speed

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Picked up a beautiful piggy tonight off a young fella that works for me, 40kilos of the tastiest pork I have had for ages, they are paddock ranging, fed on Macadamia nuts amongst things and man there is a heap, the freezer is full of Pork and Chook n Beef hahaha

ClissAT

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Where does he get is animals processed, Ray? The only pig abbatoir I'm aware of is way out at Stanthorpe way.

A young couple tried to get a free range pig farm going in the hils behind Cooroy but some particular residents just frustrated them at every turn until they gave up and went near Woodford I think.
The same residents group forced the closure of a free range egg farm that also grew some free range broilers then organic angus in rotational grazing after the chooks.
I purchased eggs from them for a few years then they offered me some of their chooks which I greatfully accepted.
They tried to get homes for all their 1000 organic chooks. It was a very distressing time for those people. They went down to northern Brisbane area where people understand the need for and value of farm raised organic local produce.

Ray Speed

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
We chopped it up :)

I would like to meet these residents that force people away, I enjoy alittle confrontation from time to time, blows the cobwebs out

Reactions: DTK

ClissAT

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I know what you mean, Ray. I think the sentiment was similar at all the town meetings.
It was amazing how just a few rich people could hold the whole community to ransom.
Thats the trouble now in Cooroy. There's been these few really rich important recluse families living behind the town for many years.
Unfortunately for them, every other man and his dog also has the same idea to move there!
So these particular people are loosing their privacy so they're taking it out on everyone.
But the township depends on their money too much!

Ray Speed

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
why humans are such a funny breed, we are not the smartest lot on the planet

Reactions: DTK

DTK

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
All adds up to support the self-sufficiency argument, methinks!

Top Bottom