Fires in the Barossa and Light District.

Discussion in 'Photography & Technology' started by Tim C, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Tim C

Tim C Two heads are better than one Premium Member GOLD

Here's a pic out the backyard this arvo. Closest fires at Dutton and Blanchetown, 40-50 km away, but had me wondering....... camera 408.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mark

Mark Founder Staff Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Actually I was thinking of you today when I saw those raging fires on the TV.

What's your fire plan... RUN?

Seriously, I hope they don't come near you.

3. Tim C

Tim C Two heads are better than one Premium Member GOLD

Yeah,still smoky here and the wind is blowing it our way. I just read and ember alert for areas ahead of the fire front-that's still 50km from the Dutton fire still burning though. 2 or 3 dead so far from the Balaklava fire. I rang Mum before to remind her NOT to try and come across the river to my place if the fit hits the shan. We do have a cold front coming in- 40c today, but only 23 tomorrow.
    Cause still not known- I hope it wasn't a silly farmer reaping today.
    Seems we still refuse to learn anything from the people who have been here for the last 50,000 years, and the government DHs should be burning off in the winter. Especially in the dry years. Sure some grass will grow back before summer, but all the deadfall wouldn't build up to catastrophic levels. And the native shrubbery propagated by the fire actually burns slower, and inhibits grass growth.
    Bloody arrogant, ignorant, superiorist guvment, city-slicker, corporate criminal parasites. I hate 'em. The squatters aren't much better.I haven't seen a paddock firebreak anywhere this year.

4. Mark

Mark Founder Staff Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    How's it going now... did the cool change help?

That's awful about the loss of lives. Property is bad enough but lives lost to fire as we all know is such a tragedy.

5. stevo

stevo Backyard Farmer Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Got that underground bunker built yet?