Cattle Panel Hoop House

CraftyTera

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
My husband and I are thinking about putting a cattle panel hoop house in the garden. From the videos, they are pretty inexpensive and easy to build. You just need a few cattle panels, raised beds and poly for the covering. Does anyone here have experience with this type of hoop house? They seem so cheap and easy, there must be a catch. Thanks.

Andi

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I actually did a hoop house for my mom as a small greenhouse used 6mil poly which lasted almost 2 years before crumbling away. So learned don't skimp on the poly :) use a good greenhouse poly and you will have more years of use

Cheryl Smyth

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Post pictures after done please.

My husband and I are thinking about putting a cattle panel hoop house in the garden. From the videos, they are pretty inexpensive and easy to build. You just need a few cattle panels, raised beds and poly for the covering. Does anyone here have experience with this type of hoop house? They seem so cheap and easy, there must be a catch. Thanks.

CraftyTera

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Will do. It might be a while though since the current temperature is 9 degrees F. I guess that temperature illustrates why I need a hoop house.

Top Bottom