Question Another what plant is this

firm351

Premium Member
G'day folks,

I have this plant growing in a pot, the roots have grown through the bottom of the pot and its stuck to the ground now. It looks like a vine of some sort, i have no idea what it is but i reckon someone here might be able to help me out.
IMG_1086.JPG

Thanks Paul.

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Did you find it in the garden Paul and transplanted it into the pot?

I wonder if it's not some kind of rainforest tree vine I see a few similar looking plants growing wild around our place? Some passion fruit vines start off looking like this before they get bigger and then the leaves become more like a bird foot pattern (tri) which distinguishes the passion fruit plant. Hmmm, it's a difficult one...

firm351

Premium Member
Did you find it in the garden Paul and transplanted it into the pot?

Nah mark it was already in the pot. I don't know how long it's been there as we have only just moved to this place.

I was thinking it might be a passion fruit but I really have no idea.

It did have about 4 feet of vine growing into the bark of the tree so I reckon if I get it out of the pot it will take off.

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
It did have about 4 feet of vine growing into the bark of the tree so I reckon if I get it out of the pot it will take off.
Yeah, that's the go plant it out somewhere and see what it turns into! It's obviously a climber of some sort but whether it's a fruiting plant (like a Passionfruit) is hard to tell - for me anyway :)

Tim C

Two heads are better than one
Premium Member
GOLD
It could be a rainforest passionfruit, a grenadilla maybe? I'm pretty sure that not all passionfruits have the three-lobed leaves. When it flowers you will know if it's a passionfruit/grenadilla. If it's got the intricate flower. Grenadillas are bigger than passionfruit!!

Mary Playford

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I thought it might be a passion fruit too. Go find a passionfruit from a friend, family or local nursery and sniff the leaves to see if they smell the same LOL. You could always ask your local nursery, take a sample with you. Good luck!

Top Bottom